Marriage Enrichment Resources
- Adventure Christian Church
3321 Ruckriegel Pkwy
A young, growing fellowship open to all. They offer a number of marriage events throughout the year. Visit their website at AdventureKY.org.
- Southeast Christian Church, Louisville, KY
Southeast Christian Church offers numerous marriage events. Visit their web site at SoutheastChristian.org
Main campus: 920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Additional campuses: Bullitt, Chapel in the Woods, Crestwood, Elizabethtown, Indiana, LaGrange, River Valley, Shelby County, and Southwest.
For more information, visit: https://
Kentucky Baptist Convention Marriage Ministry – The Kentucky Baptist Convention offers a variety of tools – consultations, training events, leader training and a network of leaders, recommended reading and downloadable resources — all aimed at helping strengthen marriages. For additional information, go to (CHECK WEBLINK)
Coupletime Groups – Coupletime Groups are small groups of five to seven couples who meet monthly to address essential issues of marriage that may otherwise get pushed aside during the busy routine of life. Coupletime is a peer ministry. It’s a care group, not a cure group. Couples gather to learn about marriage, share experiences, pray for one another and offer support and encouragement. If you, or your church/organization, would be like to know more about how to start Coupletime groups, please contact us at MERCY .
Marriage Education at a Distance – Did you know that you can strengthen your marriage in the comfort of your own home via online, over-the-phone. and/or DVD based programs? For a wealth of information on marriage topics and other resources we recommend you check out the following websites/organizations:
- Smalley Institute – smalleyinstitute.com
- Dr. John Trent’s Strong Families – strongfamilies.com
- Focus on the Family offers a variety of resources marriage conferences, weekend retreats and articles on marriage
- For more information, go to: www.focusonthefamily.com/
- GTO Marriage Ministry – GTO offers webinars that cover topics on such things as anger, fighting, relationship skills, communicationand many others. For more information, go to: https://marriages.net/
- LOVE Thinks offers a program entitled “Rock Solid Marriage.” You will be equipped with the tools to identify and managedeficits in your marriage and to maintain closeness and feelings of love in your relationship.
- Love and Lordship – The Love and Lordship message and ministry exist to help you know who you are in Christ andbuild strong, healthy relationships. . .friendships, marriage, family and church. Navigate the site to find videos, podcasts,and written resources to help you build every relationship on the Love and Lordship of Jesus! For more information, go to:
- Marriage Today is a ministry that is devoted to helping couples thrive in strong and fulfilling marriages and families. Together, they co-host MarriageToday with Jimmy and Karen , a nationally syndicated television program which is broadcast daily into over 110 million homes in America and more than 200 countries worldwide.They offer resources, conferences, articles and many other resources on marriage. For more information, visit: marriagetoday.com
- The Marriage Education and Resource Center (MERCY) – At MERCY we have an entire lending library on marriage. Click here for specifics. A refundable deposit is required – $10 per book; $30 for videos. You will receive the deposit back once the resource is returned.
- Right Now Media – Offers a library of Bible studies videos, many pertaining to marriage. Many churches offer free accessto this website so check to see if yours offers this service. Even if your church doesn’t offer this service, you can subscribeto Right Now Media. For more information, go to: rightnowmedia.org
- American Association of Christian Counselors
Additional Help: If you are struggling in your marriage, please contact us at Marriage@MercyKY.org. We may be able to suggest other resources that might help turn your marriage around.MERCY
Marriage Rocks – Plan a special date night for you and your spouse. Spend an evening with other couples while experiencing incredible music, lots of laughs, and creative programming – all designed to encourage and empower your marriage. Southeast Christian Church, 920 Blankenbaker Parkway, Louisville, KY – Fellowship Hall 2. Ticket Price $15 per couple. Tickets available in the Atrium and online at www.southeastchristian.org (Note: They accept only cash or checks in Atrium; credit card purchases must be made online.) For questions, call: (502) 253-8925. No childcare. (NOTE-Recent reviews indicate this item is not currently listed on their website.
MERCI of Indiana – MERCI offers encouragement, support and educational tools and resources to help couples discover God’s design for marriage. Engaged, newly married and couples married for any number of years will find new ways to love and respect one another in all seasons of life until death do you part. For additional information, classes and events go to: http://www.marriageatmerci.org
Weekend to Remember: For the past 30 years, Family Life has helped couples reach a turning point in their marriages. More than one million couples have experienced a Weekend to Remember to put real, time-tested lessons to use. No matter where you are in your marriage, we invite you to strengthen your connection and make a better plan for the rest of your lives. This weekend is a time for you to be together as a couple. Invest in this weekend, and reap the rewards for a lifetime. The regular registration fee is $149 per person, however, if you register using our group name, MERCY, the registration fee in only $99.99 per person. Prices are subject to change. This fee does not include overnight hotel accommodations. The room rate at the hotel is separate. To register, or for more information, go to: www.familylife.com/weekend or call (800) 358-6329. Be sure to include our group name for your discount to the conference.
Marriage Encounter: If you want to show more love to the one you love, you can do that on a Worldwide Marriage Encounter weekend. Marriage Encounter is 44 hours where married couples can get away from jobs, kids, chores, and phones, and focus only on each other. If you’d like greater depth, growth, and enrichment in your relationship, you’ll like the difference this weekend can make. For additional information:
- for the Louisville, KY, Owensboro, KY areas, please call Kathy and Jack Gotting at 502-895-8997 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- for Indianappolis, IN or Evansville, IN areas call Mark and Jill Levine (317) 888-1892
- visit www.wwme.org
- or call (800) 795-LOVE
Colorado Marriage Refresh – Wyatt Fisher, Psy.D., and his wife recently designed a new marriage retreat that is getting incredible reviews. Here are the topics that are covered in this retreat:
- Adopting God’s Covenant Foundation
- Mastering the Conflict Puzzle
- Respecting Differences and Sharing Power
- Developing Emotional Attachment
- Cultivating Sexual Fireworks
For more information, go to: http://www.christiancrush.com/relationships/couples-retreat-denver-co-colorado-springs-co.html If you are in the Colorado area, we’d encourage you to check this out.
Festivals of Marriage – Escape, connect and spend time alone with your spouse. Christ-centered marriage events in locations all over the country. For more information visit The Lifeway Festival of Marriage Website or contact LifeWay Events Registration at 1-800-254-2022 .
Family Dynamics – Family Dynamics offers a variety of seminars, such as “Dynamic Marriage,” “Love, Sex and Marriage,” “A New Beginning” and “Dynamic Love”. These are powerful seminars built on helping couples sustain and build happy, fulfilling relationships. For additional information, and upcoming seminars, visit their web site: www.familydynamics.net
Square 1 Ministries: Square 1 Ministries is a Christian ministry resource designed to equip, empower and encourage marriages, particularly for men. In addition to resources and insightful artricles it has a husband’s blog section and they are interested in building the world’s largest fraternity of committed, responsible, engaged, warrior husbands called CREW. For additional information, go to: www.square1ministries.com
Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott – The Parrott’s offer many helps on their web site including several assessments for couples. For information, visit their
web site at: www.lesandleslie.com.
Additional fun & romantic opportunities/get-aways:
2013 Play Dates With Your Mate: The Life Adventure Center in Versailles, KY in coordination with Bluegrass Healthy Marriage Initiative, invite you to join them for a line-up of Play Dates With Your Mate. “Play Date With Your Mate” is designed to strengthen communication and to help you grow together as a married couple. Through purposeful interaction and fun activities utilizing a Challenge Course and Environmental Education Programs, participants will have an opportunity to: Improve communication skills, work together as a team; learn how to support one another, meet other married couples in the community, laugh and have fun. You can come for one, two or all of the dates. For additional information or to register go to www.lacbg.com or call Tracey Wright at (859) 873-3271 or email: email@example.com
Marriage Impact – A Marriage Retreat That Won’t Leave You Stuck in a Classroom – Enjoy together exciting outdoor adventures such as white water rafting, kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, hiking and more. Return at night to worship and fellowship with other married couples across the nation. Dates are normally in July and August at Ridgecrest, North Carolina. Cost is $295 per couple. This includes program fee, turndown service with amenities each evening, meals (included dinner Friday night, breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning and a campfire with smores, etc. on Friday night) and on campus recreational activities. Additional cost for some Adventure Options. For additional information or registration: 1-800-588-7222 or visit: ridgecrestconferencecenter.org/events
Dance 4 Life Ministries – A new concept in marriage education, through partner dancing is now available in Louisville, KY. Dance 4 Life Ministries believes the fundamental confusion of our roles as husband and wives has led to the deterioration of marriage and family. Therefore, their goal is to educate men and women according to their view of Biblical manhood and womanhood through dance. For additional information, call: (502) 895-1581 (ask for Bryant), e-mail: songofchrist@hotmail or visit: GodsBallroom.com
Celebrate Your Marriage – Whether you are looking for ways to strengthen your marriage or just need time for a tune up and a great getaway, to great places, you will want to check out this event. More fun, more romance and more Jesus. Several great locations. For additional information, go to celebrateyourmarriage.com or call 1-800-669-4122.
Love Your Relationship Couples Retreats: Howard Markman/Boulder, Co. Immerse yourself in a weekend devoted to learning how to enhance and protect friendship, fun, love, passion as you enjoy the best of PREP (Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program) combined with a luxurious, romantic getaway. For more information call toll free (866)-601-5683 or visit LoveYourRelationship.com
Playful Relationships Cruise – Join Keith (author of Couples and the Art of Playing) and Joan Hackett (originators of Playful Relationships Playshops) has information on their web site on fun activities for couples. For more information visit PlayfulRelationships.com.
Fun Date Ideas: For hundreds of fun date ideas visit the Healthy Marriage Institute at HealthyMarriage.org/fundates.htm ~ and for hundreds of stay-at-home date ideas visit: HealthyMarriage.org/homedates.htm You can also sign up for their free Date Night newsletter. Each week this web site will send you a fun date idea, activity to do on your date to strengthen your relationship and a money-saving coupon if available in your area.