Marriage Enrichment Resources
- Adventure Christian Church
3321 Ruckriegel Pkwy
A young, growing fellowship open to all. They offer a number of marriage events throughout the year. Visit their website at AdventureKY.org.
- Southeast Christian Church, Louisville, KY
Southeast Christian Church offers numerous marriage events. Visit their web site at SoutheastChristian.org
Main campus: 920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Additional campuses: Bullitt, Chapel in the Woods, Crestwood, Elizabethtown, Indiana, LaGrange, River Valley, Shelby County, and Southwest.
For more information, visit: https://
Kentucky Baptist Convention Marriage Ministry – The Kentucky Baptist Convention offers a variety of tools – consultations, training events, leader training and a network of leaders, recommended reading and downloadable resources — all aimed at helping strengthen marriages. For additional information, go to (CHECK WEBLINK)
Coupletime Groups – Coupletime Groups are small groups of five to seven couples who meet monthly to address essential issues of marriage that may otherwise get pushed aside during the busy routine of life. Coupletime is a peer ministry. It’s a care group, not a cure group. Couples gather to learn about marriage, share experiences, pray for one another and offer support and encouragement. If you, or your church/organization, would be like to know more about how to start Coupletime groups, please contact us at MERCY .
Marriage Education at a Distance – Did you know that you can strengthen your marriage in the comfort of your own home via online, over-the-phone. and/or DVD based programs? For a wealth of information on marriage topics and other resources we recommend you check out the following websites/organizations:
- Smalley Institute – smalleyinstitute.com
- Dr. John Trent’s Strong Families – strongfamilies.com
- Focus on the Family offers a variety of resources marriage conferences, weekend retreats and articles on marriage
- For more information, go to: www.focusonthefamily.com/
- GTO Marriage Ministry – GTO offers webinars that cover topics on such things as anger, fighting, relationship skills, communicationand many others. For more information, go to: https://marriages.net/
- LOVE Thinks offers a program entitled “Rock Solid Marriage.” You will be equipped with the tools to identify and managedeficits in your marriage and to maintain closeness and feelings of love in your relationship.
- Love and Lordship – The Love and Lordship message and ministry exist to help you know who you are in Christ andbuild strong, healthy relationships. . .friendships, marriage, family and church. Navigate the site to find videos, podcasts,and written resources to help you build every relationship on the Love and Lordship of Jesus! For more information, go to:
- Marriage Today is a ministry that is devoted to helping couples thrive in strong and fulfilling marriages and families. Together, they co-host MarriageToday with Jimmy and Karen , a nationally syndicated television program which is broadcast daily into over 110 million homes in America and more than 200 countries worldwide.They offer resources, conferences, articles and many other resources on marriage. For more information, visit: marriagetoday.com
- The Marriage Education and Resource Center (MERCY) – At MERCY we have an entire lending library on marriage. Click here for specifics. A refundable deposit is required – $10 per book; $30 for videos. You will receive the deposit back once the resource is returned.
- Right Now Media – Offers a library of Bible studies videos, many pertaining to marriage. Many churches offer free accessto this website so check to see if yours offers this service. Even if your church doesn’t offer this service, you can subscribeto Right Now Media. For more information, go to: rightnowmedia.org
- American Association of Christian Counselors
Additional Help: If you are struggling in your marriage, please contact us at Marriage@MercyKY.org. We may be able to suggest other resources that might help turn your marriage around.MERCY
Marriage Rocks – Plan a special date night for you and your spouse. Spend an evening with other couples while experiencing incredible music, lots of laughs, and creative programming – all designed to encourage and empower your marriage. Southeast Christian Church, 920 Blankenbaker Parkway, Louisville, KY – Fellowship Hall 2. Ticket Price $15 per couple. Tickets available in the Atrium and online at www.southeastchristian.org (Note: They accept only cash or checks in Atrium; credit card purchases must be made online.) For questions, call: (502) 253-8925. No childcare. (NOTE-Recent reviews indicate this item is not currently listed on their website.
MERCI of Indiana – MERCI offers encouragement, support and educational tools and resources to help couples discover God’s design for marriage. Engaged, newly married and couples married for any number of years will find new ways to love and respect one another in all seasons of life until death do you part. For additional information, classes and events go to: http://www.marriageatmerci.org
Weekend to Remember: For the past 30 years, Family Life has helped couples reach a turning point in their marriages. More than one million couples have experienced a Weekend to Remember to put real, time-tested lessons to use. No matter where you are in your marriage, we invite you to strengthen your connection and make a better plan for the rest of your lives. This weekend is a time for you to be together as a couple. Invest in this weekend, and reap the rewards for a lifetime. The regular registration fee is $174 per person, however, if you register using our group name, MERCY, the registration fee is reduced. Prices are subject to change. This fee does not include overnight hotel accommodations. The room rate at the hotel is separate. To register, or for more information, go to: www.familylife.com/weekend or call 1-(800) FL-Today. Be sure to include our group name for your discount to the conference.
Marriage Encounter: If you want to show more love to the one you love, you can do that on a Worldwide Marriage Encounter weekend. Marriage Encounter is 44 hours where married couples can get away from jobs, kids, chores, and phones, and focus only on each other. If you’d like greater depth, growth, and enrichment in your relationship, you’ll like the difference this weekend can make. For additional information,
Colorado Marriage Refresh – Wyatt Fisher, Psy.D., and his wife recently designed a new marriage retreat that is getting incredible reviews. Here are the topics that are covered in this retreat:
- Adopting God’s Covenant Foundation
- Mastering the Conflict Puzzle
- Respecting Differences and Sharing Power
- Developing Emotional Attachment
- Cultivating Sexual Fireworks
For more information, go to: drwyattfisher.com/products/couples-retreats-colorado
Marriage Dynamics Institute – Family Marriage Dynamics offers a variety of seminars, such as “Dynamic
Marriage,” “United,” “A New Beginning and Re-Connect. These are powerful
seminars built on helping couples sustain and build happy, fulfilling relationships.
For additional information and upcoming seminars, visit their web site: www.marriagedynamics.com
Grace Marriage – Grace Marriage is a marital group that is intentionally designed to help couples stay healthy and invested in their marriages. Grace Marriage provides the church a marriage ministry structure that focuses on wellness and crisis prevention. This church marriage resource is an ongoing approach created for all couples and is designed such that it is not a strain on the church budget or staff time. For more information, visit: www.gracemarriage.com
Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott – The Parrott’s offer many helps on their web site including several assessments for couples. For information, visit their web site at: www.lesandleslie.com.
Mark Gungor “Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage” – Unlike many traditional marriage seminars that tend to be overly serious, technical and emotionally taxing, Laugh Your Way: A Couples’ Comedy Event is different because it helps couples deal with tough issues in a way that is fun and non-threatening. Through the two-day event, couples will laugh, learn and be able to make a real positive change to their marriage. For more information, on Mark Gungor’s marriage ministry, visit: markgungor.com
Marriage Today – Jimmy Evans is Founder and CEO of MarriageToday, a ministry that is devoted to helping couples thrive in strong and fulfilling marriages and families. Together, they co-host MarriageToday with Jimmy and Karen, a nationally syndicated television program which is broadcast daily into over 110 million homes in America and more than 200 countries worldwide.
Jimmy has served as the senior leader of Trinity Fellowship in Amarillo, Texas over 30 years. Jimmy has authored more than ten books, among which are his popular works, Marriage on the Rock, Freedom From Your Past, Seven Secrets of Successful Families, Ten Steps Toward Christ, Lifelong Love Affair, and his newest book, When Life Hurts.
Jimmy and Karen have been married 40 years and have two married children and five grandchildren.
For more information, please visit their website at: www.marriagetoday.com
To order marriage resources go to store.marriagetoday.com
Focus on the Family – Focus on the Family provides a wealth of relevant Christian advice on marriage, parenting and other topics. For more information, visit: www.focusonthefamily.com
For additional Christian marriage retreats, go to: www.theologydegrees.org/christian-marriage-conference-retreats
Additional fun & romantic opportunities/get-aways:
Ridgecrest Marriage Getaway – This location is nestled in the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains. This weekend consists of encouraging, powerful worship services filled with music and moving testimonies. You’ll grow closer to God and, as a result, closer to your spouse. For more information, visit: ridgecrestconferencecenter.com/events/marriage-getaway
If you would just like to unplug, reconnect and play, bring your spouse for a romantic weekend for just the two of you at Ridgecrest. The recreation area is set against a backdrop of mountains with exciting activities such as tennis, volleyball, hiking and miniature golf. In addition, you can also visit many nearby adventures or attractions, like whitewater rafting, skiing, exploring Chimney Rock, visiting the Biltmore Estate or exploring the town of Black Mountain. For additional information, go to: ridgecrestconferencecenter.com/experience-ridgecrest/getaways/couples-getaways
Relationship Cruises – There are several cruises from which to choose hosted by some of the best Christian marriage experts. Here are few for your consideration: Love Like You Mean It Marriage Cruise by Family Life – www.lovelikeyoumeanitcruise.com; Inspirational Cruises and Tours www.inspirationcruises.com; Mark Gungor Cruise markgungor.com/pages/laugh-your-way-cruise-2021
Playful Relationships Cruise – Join Keith (author of Couples and the Art of Playing) and Joan Hackett (originators of Playful Relationships Playshops) has information on their web site on fun activities for couples. For more information visit PlayfulRelationships.com.
Fun Date Ideas: For hundreds of fun date ideas visit the Healthy Marriage Institute at HealthyMarriage.org/fundates.htm ~ and for hundreds of stay-at-home date ideas visit: HealthyMarriage.org/homedates.htm You can also sign up for their free Date Night newsletter. Each week this web site will send you a fun date idea, activity to do on your date to strengthen your relationship and a money-saving coupon if available in your area. For additional suggestions, simply search the internet for fun ideas for married couples.