Benefits of Marriage Education:
Marriage Education consists of workshops, classes, weekend programs or private mentoring to help couples strengthen and enhance their marriages.
Research confirms that couples who participate in marriage education:
- Significantly improve their communication and conflict-resolution skills
- Significantly increase their levels of marital satisfaction
- Gain access to skills and knowledge necessary to form and sustain healthy relationships
- Engaged and newly-wed couples receive in-depth preparation for a lifetime, not just a wedding. In-depth, pre-marital education can reduce the risk of divorce by 30%
- Couples perceive an educational format less threatening and confrontational.
- Fewer marriages will end in divorce, sparing couples and children heartache and stress.
- As more marriages are strengthened, families become stronger, and consequently churches and communities become healthier.
The Marriage Education and Resource Center does not offer therapy/counseling, but can offer referrals based on needs.